Friday, July 13, 2012

Where did it go?

I just trimmed a new pattern to make me a sun dress. I pinned the pattern to the fabric and thougght I should check the measurements around my waist to the measurements of the pattern before I took the sissors to the fabric. I was 9 inches larger around the waist than the pattern said a size 14 waist was.

I've been sewing for myself since I was 12 years old and some major changes are going on behind my back, or round my waist.  I can wear a size 12 in some store bought clothes and now it looks like someone has been messing around with the pattern sizes.  The sizes should be the same size universal.

I had noticed that my ribs were crowding my hips. I have lost weight and yet my measurement around my waist has caught up with my bust size.  I don't know exactly when this event took place, I can say with any certainty, because I don't measure my waist everyday. I've never been this old before, but it looks like I'm going to have to put it on the calender to do once a week so I can estimate when I am going to melt down to just one large glob.

The other thing that I have noticed a major change in is my eyebrows.  They are getting so long I have to trim them!  I thought about calling some doctor and see if he could transplant my eyebrows into my eye lashes, but after some more though I decide it would look funny to have long white eye lashes that might be tickling my chin by my next birthday. Getting older isn't a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment